Starting and growing a small business requires a lot of hard work and a lot of knowledge. Many entrepreneurs who take the leap to start their own business don’t realize they don’t just need to be a master in their own expertise of what they’re offering as a product or service, but they also need to know how to run a business. . Bookkeeping, marketing, sales, operations, and team management are all essential parts of building and growing a small business. But where do you focus if you want to make sure you can drive small business growth?
While managing all of your small businesses is essential for overall success, there are three specific areas that we will cover today that can help you advance your business. small business.
3 Small business growth promotion strategies
Drive Small Business Growth through Online Sales
Earlier this year, we talked about how Small business owners should reimagine their business for the year 2021 in the light of the pandemic. As part of that, we talked about the need for all types of businesses to sell online.
When it comes to selling online, you need to consider a number of different things in order to find success and boost sales. First, you need to know the basics of E-Commerce. As a result, you have a general understanding of what’s involved, from setting up an eCommerce platform to market your products to selling through advertising.
To increase your online sales, here are five quick tips:
- Make sure yours Unique selling point clearly set you apart from the competition.
- Make sure you have one SEO strategy in place to help increase your chances of being found in search engines.
- Make sure yours profit margin is correct and includes all costs associated with the sale of the product, so you are making money and not losing it!
- Sold on different platforms, if it makes sense. Sites like Etsy and Amazon offer great opportunities to be used in conjunction with your own website.
- Execute the purchase process SIMPLE!
Drive small business growth through social media
Another solid strategy for driving small business growth is the full use of social media as a powerful marketing tool. If done properly, the various social media platforms give you the opportunity to reach out to potential customers willing to buy your products or services directly.
However, one thing to keep in mind when it comes to social media is that it is all about starting a conversation and providing information and value. Social media is a place to build trust. So don’t just use it to sell, sell, sell!
- Make sure you are using it The right social media platforms for your business.
- Use powerful images Enhance your brand and encourage people to interact.
- Use advertising on social media to reach a larger audience and promote your products or sales. This is 9 tips for selling more with social advertising.
- Make sure you are Set goals and use effective strategies to achieve those goals.
- Make sure the content you’re using is educational, inspirational, and engaging with an audience. Doing so will help you build trust, and help turn potential customers into long-term customers.
You want to be the Social Media Ninja? Check How to become a Social Media Ninja 2.0 The 6-week course starts in May at SmallBizLady University. It covers everything you need to know about using social media to build and grow your small business, including:
- Which social media platform is right for your business
- How to find and engage your ideal audience
- How to create a social media strategy
- How to use engagement strategies to engage your ideal audience
- Mastering the latest online advertising strategies
Drive small business growth through email marketing
Social media serves as a way to introduce yourself to new leads and direct them to your website and hopefully include them on your email list. In that case, email marketing is the tool to turn those leads into customers. With an effective email marketing strategy, you can continue to ‘flirt’ with your potential customers and deliver more value and information while you nurture them to sell.
As with all fields of marketing, to be successful you must have a well-structured strategy. Email marketing makes no difference.
The strategy begins by thinking about how you will put people on your list. This could be through a valuable offer of a lead magnet or through a landing page. Once they’re on the list, you need a strategy that leads them to sales. We talked about many of these strategies in a recent post – How to Grow Your Small Business With Email Marketing | Here are five tips to help you take your email marketing to the next level:
- Segment leads in your list. By segmenting your list, you can send emails in more targeted languages around a prospect’s specific interest or difficulty point and direct them on a clear path to the right. product or service you provide.
- Education before you sell. If all the communication you send to a new prospect is focused on sales, you can easily turn them off and lose them. Instead of focusing on selling, focus on educating and providing value-based content. This builds trustworthiness by establishing you as an expert in the area in which they need help.
- Make Automation Your Best Friend. By automating the email process based on the actions your potential customers are taking, you can create a better user experience.
- Personal receipt. You’re dealing with real people – so jot down personal information in your email and use the information you know about them to create a deeper connection. This could be their name, where they live, age, birthday, etc.
- Complete the Writing Process. Writing effective emails for email marketing campaigns is a skill. If that’s not a skill you have, find someone trained in cloning to convert.
Want to be one Email Marketing Ninja? This is another new course that will launch in May 2021 and is designed to teach you everything you need to know to use email marketing to grow your business in just six weeks. looking for more information HERE.
By using the above three strategies, every small business has the opportunity to increase its revenue and grow its business. Just make sure you set growth goals for your business and have the right strategies in place to achieve them. And for areas beyond your expertise, educate yourself about what you need to do to be effective or hire the right team members to help.