ARSENAL and Everton are locked in the race to sign Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.
That’s according to the bookmaker Betfair, who installed the pair as a common 4/1 favorite to secure his signature during the upcoming transfer window.
The Premier League duo are both expected to sign Zaha in the summer of 2019.
The Gunners chose his Ivory Coast teammate Nicolas Pepe instead, while the Toffees opposed his £ 70m valuation.
But according to 90 mins – The race is on again.
They claim Mikel Arteta and Co. is plotting a new raid on their London neighbors this summer after witnessing the rise of Zaha.
The 28-year-old has scored 9 goals and provided two assists in 22 Premier League appearances – accounting for 28% of Palace’s total top goals this term.
However, the report claims Arsenal will have to offload players including Alexandre Lacazette to fund any potential offers.
Wilfried Zaha – Betfair’s next club odds
- Arsenal – 4/1
- Everton – 4/1
- West Ham – February 11
- Chelsea – January 10
- Manchester United – January 16
- Paris Saint-Germain – January 20
- BETFAIR NEW CUSTOMER OFFER: Get £ 100 in FREE bets *
Commercial Content Notice: Receiving one of the bookmaker’s offers outlined in this article may result in payment to The Sun. 18+. T&C applies. Begambleaware.org
West Ham follows the lead pair at 11/2 with Chelsea behind at 10/1.
A shock return to Old Trafford with Manchester United comes Jan. 16 with Mauricio Pochettino’s Paris Saint-Germain at the age of 20.
Zaha has repeatedly hinted at his desire to leave Selhurst Park and told FT Business of Football Summit in February that he wants to win the silver trophy.
He said: “I’ve always wanted to play at the highest level and win trophies and get a chance to show my kids the medals and say ‘daddy won this and that.’
“So I will always give my 100% to the club but I am very ambitious and if given the chance, I will consider them.”
Jesse Lingard’s next club odds: Everton rival West Ham for £ 30million for attacker Man Utd
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Set time and money limits before playing
- Only gambling with money they are likely to lose
- Never chase after their losses
- Do not gamble if they are sad, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gambling awareness – www.begambleaware.org
* Suggest new customers. Wager 5 x £ 10 or more to receive £ 20 free stakes. Repeat up to 5 times to get bonus up to £ 100. Minimum odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange Bets Not Included. Payment restrictions apply. T&C applies. 18+ Begambleaware.org