UFC head Dana White has revealed the trio war between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier almost collapsed after controversy erupted on their Twitter.
The Notorious will have a rubber match against the former temporary lightweight champion July 10 during the main event of UFC 264 in Las Vegas.
McGregor, 32, seems Unplug on series decision set after Poirier revealed that he has yet to make £ 363,000 ($ 500.00) bounty for The Good Fight Foundation.
White insisted the Irish’s Twitter rhetoric was not pre-battle advertising, said White TSN: “There are many chances that it will collapse.
“I see some conspiracy theorists who think it is to help fuel the war.
“Absolutely none of that has been done to help drive the war. I can assure you of that. But we did.”
white had to speak with both men to make sure their expected third encounter was still intact.
Asked if he had to speak Mcgregor Back in the war, the veteran promoter added: “Both of you.
CASINO REGISTRATION OFFER: REQUEST UP TO £ 800 CASH CASINO CASH
“We had to go back and forth. Look, man, we’ve been doing this for 20 years. Here’s what we do. We complete it. “
McGregor, 22-5, suffers one brutal second round KO defeat to Poirier in January in the main event of UFC 257 in Abu Dhabi.
Winning his third clash with The Diamond will put the UFC’s first simultaneous two-weight world champion back on track for once again in the lightweight title.
And the Irishman’s manager, Audie Attar, thinks a title could begin soon.
Paradigm Sports CEO told MMA Junkie: “I think it just makes sense.
“I think this really becomes the number one struggle.
“I think Chandler vs. Oliveira will happen and the winner of it faces winner McGregor vs. Poirier 3.”
UFC 264 will take place first one The crowd sold out at the T-Mobile Arena of Las Vegas.
Khabib played a prank and gave advice to the fans saying that Masvidal slept with his girlfriend
And McGregor is enjoying the match at Sin City, which could cause him to lose or hope to fight again for the UFC gold medal.
After announcing the trilogy earlier this month, Dubliner told ESPN: “I signed the deal this morning.
“I will split the game into a new ** hole on July 10th.
“Mac is back in Sin City! Full house!”