Home UK News Meghan Markle latest news - Pregnant Duchess to watch Prince Philip’s funeral...

Meghan Markle latest news – Pregnant Duchess to watch Prince Philip’s funeral ONLINE after doctors’ travel warning


MEGHAN Markle will watch Prince Philip’s funeral online and will make “private arrangements” to remember the Duke of Edinburgh.

The Duchess of Sussex, 39, has remained in the US on doctor’s advice while Prince Harry made the 5,400-mile trip to the UK ahead of Saturday’s funeral.

But Buckingham Palace confirmed those who are unable to attend will make “private arrangements” to mark Philip’s life.

Meghan will also be able to watch the sombre proceedings through a special live stream.

And the Queen reportedly “understands” why pregnant Meghan hasn’t flown to the UK with her husband.

A source told People that both Meghan and Harry “were in contact with the Queen” soon after Philip’s death.

The source said: “It was always a given that Harry would return to England for his grandfather’s passing.

“Meghan expressed condolences. The Queen understands why she can’t travel at the moment.”

It comes as it was claimed Harry and wife Meghan are filled with “regret” over the timing of their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The pair sensationally tore strips off the Royal Family during the televised chat, accusing members of racism and failing to support Meghan when she felt suicidal, creating the biggest royal crisis since the 1936 abdication.

The interview was broadcast around the world just days after Prince Philip was first hospitalised – and a matter of weeks before he sadly died aged 99.

But while Meghan and Harry are said to regret the timing of the interview, they are understood to stand by its content and insist airing their dirty laundry in public was something they “had to do”, according to Heat.

Read our live blog below for the very latest updates on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry…

  • QUEEN ‘UNDERSTANDS’ WHY MEGHAN ISN’T COMING TO FUNERAL

    The Queen reportedly “understands” why a pregnant Meghan Markle hasn’t flown to the UK with her husband Prince Harry to attend Prince Philip’s funeral.

    Meghan, 39, stayed behind in the £11 million California mansion she shares with Harry, 36, and their son Archie.

    Harry arrived back in the UK this week for his grandfather Prince Philip‘s funeral on Saturday.

    A source told People that both Meghan and Harry “were in contact with the Queen” soon after Philip’s death.

    The source said: “It was always a given that Harry would return to England for his grandfather’s passing.

    “Meghan expressed condolences. The Queen understands why she can’t travel at the moment.”

  • HARRY WILL ‘RUSH HOME’ TO SEE MEGHAN

    Prince Harry will “rush home” to see pregnant Meghan Markle soon after Prince Philip’s funeral, a royal expert says.

    The Duke of Sussex, 36, flew home earlier this week ahead of his grandad being laid to rest on Saturday in Windsor.

    But Meghan, who is expecting their second child, has remained at their home in California on the advice of medics.

    Ingrid Seward, editor of Majesty magazine, has now claimed Harry will head back to the US within 24 hours of the funeral.

  • MEGHAN ‘NOT ON AMAZING TERMS WITH FAMILY’

    An insider claimed that the Sussexes “are still not on amazing terms with the family”.

    The source added: “Harry wants to make sure Meghan and the baby are healthy and not involved in stressful situations.

    “They have been focused on their new roots in Montecito and the pregnancy.”

    Meanwhile, the Queen has ordered all royals against wearing military uniform for the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, The Sun revealed.

  • MEGHAN WOULD HAVE ‘PUT TENSION ASIDE’ AT FUNERAL

    Meghan Markle would have “put all family tension aside” to support Prince Harry at Philip’s funeral, it’s reported.

    The Duchess of Sussex is heavily pregnant with the couple’s second child and unable to fly from the US.

    Harry, 36, jetted in on his own on Sunday ahead of his grandfather’s funeral at St George’s Chapel in Windsor this Saturday.

    This week will be the first time Harry has seen the rest of the royal family in person since last month’s incendiary Oprah Winfrey interview.

    A source close to Meghan told E! News: “Meghan wishes she could have flown to the U.K. to support her husband but has been advised not to due to her pregnancy.

    “She would have put all the family tension aside to be there with Harry”.

  • MEGHAN ‘MAKING PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS’ TO REMEMBER PHILIP

    Meghan Markle will make “private arrangements” to remember Prince Philip after being unable to attend his funeral.

    The Duchess of Sussex will also be able to watch the sombre proceedings through a special live stream.

    Mourners who would have attended if Covid regulations limiting funeral numbers weren’t in place will be given special log-in details.

    The online coverage will carry the same footage as BBC, ITV and other broadcasters, but won’t have live commentary and punditry. 

  • HARRY AND WILLS TO WALK APART AT FUNERAL

    The Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex will not walk side by side in the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral procession.

    William and Harry will be separated by their cousin Peter Phillips when the trio walk in a line behind their grandfather’s coffin at Windsor Castle on Saturday.

    The future king will also be one step ahead of his brother when the coffin is taken into St George’s Chapel, moving ahead of Harry as the royal family, including the Prince of Wales, go forward in pairs.

    Details of the duke’s funeral were released by Buckingham Palace on Thursday and final preparations for his farewell are expected to continue on Friday.

  • TYCOON WHO ATTENDED HARRY AND MEG’S WEDDING CHARGED

    A millionaire businessman who attended Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding has been charged with another count of rape.

    Lawrence Jones amassed a £700million fortune through his IT company UKFast and was pictured with Boris Johnson at the Tory Party conference.

    The 52-year-old dad-of-four was previously charged with one count of rape and four of sex assault relating to two women between 2010 and 2013.

  • CUT PRICE HARRY AND MEGHAN

    Royal Doulton is offloading a Harry and Meghan wedding figurine at a knock-down price.

    The world famous ceramics maker was charging £195 for the limited edition design.

    It made 1,000 of the figurines to mark the couple’s marriage in 2018 but they failed to sell and are now priced at £146.

    It comes after Harry and Meghan’s wedding tea and shortbread biscuits were recently downgraded from the shelves of upmarket London store Harrods to TK Maxx.

  • ROYAL ATTACK

    An Australian TV host has come under fire from viewers and branded a “hypocrite” after she told Meghan Markle to “shut up” during an on-air rant.

    Sunrise star Edwina Bartholomew launched into the attack as she discussed recent reports the pregnant duchess stayed in the United States instead of attending Prince Philip’s funeral as she “didn’t want to be the centre of attention”.

    She said that Meghan would have attracted a lot of attention and been a “distraction”.

    Edwina added:  “But for them to say that out loud… just go with the Palace line wouldn’t you just for once. Just shut up.”

    The Sunrise panel discussed Meghan’s plans
  • CHRISTMAS EVE HARRY AND MEGAN INTRUDER WAS ‘HIGH’

    Data released by Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office reveals that on Christmas Eve, sheriff’s deputies were called to the property after a man was alleged to have trespassed.

    Officers returned to the mansion on Boxing Day at 2.54pm for a call listed under “Property Crimes”.

    Nickolas Brooks, 37, was booked in to jail on a misdemeanour trespassing charge and later released, the sheriff’s office said.

    He was tracked down by The Sun, and admitted he may have been “high” when he was caught at their home on December 26.

  • FAMILY RESEMBLANCE

    Prince Harry looks exactly like his granddad Philip did aged 36, a magazine cover from 1957 has revealed. 

    A front cover of Paris Match magazine shows the Duke of Edinburgh decked out in the Tropical Dress of the Blues and Royals – bearing a striking resemblance to his grandson.

    On the cover, Prince Philip looks almost identical to a photo of Harry aged 34, wearing a similar uniform on Anzac Day memorial service in Australia in 2018. 

    Prince Philip is seen looking exactly like Prince Harry on a 1957 cover of Paris Match magazine
    Prince Philip is seen looking exactly like Prince Harry on a 1957 cover of Paris Match magazine
    It bears striking resemblance to a photo of Prince Harry on Anzac Day memorial service in Australia in 2018
    It bears striking resemblance to a photo of Prince Harry on Anzac Day memorial service in Australia in 2018
  • PRINCE PHILIP THOUGHT HARRY WAS A ‘GOOD MAN’

    Prince Philip believed Harry was a “good man” but didn’t believe he and Meghan Markle were right to leave the royal family, a pal claims.

    The Duke of Edinburgh is said to have felt “sorry” over the fallout from the Megxit saga and regretted his grandson’s decision to step down.

    But according to a friend of Philip, he ultimately accepted Harry’s decision, saying: “It’s his life”.

    Gyles Brandeth told the Daily Mail: “The Duke of Edinburgh was not pleased, nor did he believe that Harry and Meghan were doing the right thing either for the country or for themselves.”

    More on the story here

  • TRIBUTE TO GRANDAD

    Harry paid tribute to his “witty” grandfather Philip and remembered the duke as the “master of the barbecue and legend of banter”.

    Harry said his grandfather was “cheeky ’til the end”.

  • HARRY MAY BE FORCED TO ISOLATE FROM MEGHAN FOR 14 DAYS

    Prince Harry could be forced to isolate away from pregnant Meghan Markle for 14 days when he returns to the US after Prince Philip’s funeral.

    The Duke of Sussex returned to the UK on Sunday and is staying at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor to quarantine for five days ahead of his grandad’s funeral on Saturday.

    His wife Meghan is pregnant with their second child, so she remained in the US with their one-year-old son Archie after her doctor advised her not to make the long journey.

    In the US, pregnant women are considered at “increased risk for severe illness” during the Covid-19 pandemic.

    Guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that people who have not received a vaccine should self-isolate at home for seven days, get a test and stay away from pregnant women for 14 days after returning to the US from abroad.

    Read more here

  • ‘FIRST STEP’

    Prince Philip’s death will mark the “first step forward” for Harry and William in their strained relationship, Harry’s biographer claimed.

    Royal commentator Omid Scobie said the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral could help the brothers unite, as “simply being in the same room” will help them talk.

    Speaking on Good Morning Britain, Scobie said the Royal Family is “putting differences aside” as it rallies around the Queen in the wake of Philip’s death.

    “If there’s anything beautiful about this week, it is seeing a family unified in a way we haven’t seen in so many years,” he said.

  • WHERE IS PRINCE HARRY STAYING?

    Harry is back in the UK and in quarantine so he can attend Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday.

    It is the first time he has returned to these shores since he and his wife Meghan left for a new life in the US.

    The Duke of Sussex is currently staying at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.

    Harry was seen getting off a British Airways flight from Los Angeles that arrived at Heathrow at 1.15pm on Monday.

    He was put into a black Range Rover and whisked away.

  • PRINCE PHILIP’S COMFORTING WORDS HELPED WILLIAM AND HARRY COPE WITH PRINCESS DIANA’S FUNERAL

    Prince Philip’s comforting words to William and Harry to help them cope with Princess Diana’s funeral have emerged after the Duke’s death.

    Diana died in August 1997, when William and Harry were just 15 and 12 respectively.

    Philip, concerned for his grandsons, helped the brothers through their grief.

    William and Harry were staying with their dad Prince Charles, Philip and the Queen at Balmoral in Aberdeenshire at the time of Diana’s death in Paris.

    He showed his support by walking alongside the boys at Diana’s funeral.

    You can read more here

    The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William, Earl Spencer, Prince Harry and Prince Charles following the coffin of Diana to Westminster Abbey for her funeral service in 1997
    The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince William, Earl Spencer, Prince Harry and Prince Charles following the coffin of Diana to Westminster Abbey for her funeral service in 1997
  • ‘SPECIAL BOND’

    Meghan is said to have “adored” Prince Philip, with whom she had a “special bond”.

    Here is a photo showing Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Philip, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry arriving to the traditional Christmas Days service at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham in 2017.

    Meghan Markle had a 'special bond' with Prince Philip
    Meghan Markle had a ‘special bond’ with Prince PhilipCredit: AP
  • QUEEN ‘UNDERSTANDS’ WHY MEGHAN HASN’T TRAVELLED TO UK FOR FUNERAL

    The Queen reportedly “understands” why pregnant Meghan Markle hasn’t flown to the UK with her husband Prince Harry to attend Prince Philip’s funeral.

    Meghan, 39, stayed behind in the £11million California mansion she shares with Harry, 36, and their son Archie.

    A source told People that both Meghan and Harry “were in contact with the Queen” soon after Philip’s death.

    The source said: “It was always a given that Harry would return to England for his grandfather’s passing.

    “Meghan expressed condolences. The Queen understands why she can’t travel at the moment.”

    The Queen with Meghan Markle in 2018
    The Queen with Meghan Markle in 2018Credit: Getty – Contributor
  • MEGHAN WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH PHILIP’S FUNERAL ONLINE

    Meghan Markle will be able to watch Prince Philip’s funeral online through a special live stream.

    Royal family and close friends will be able to follow Saturday’s ceremony without relying on TV coverage, The Telegraph reports.

    You can read more here

  • STAYING OUT OF IT

    Prince Philip refused to get involved in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s crunch talks and told the Queen: “I’ll be soon out of it.”

    The Duke of Edinburgh sympathised with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, but thought they were wrong to quit royal duties and move to the US, his friend and biographer Gyles Brandreth has claimed.

    It seems Philip was also sympathetic to Harry’s desire to “do this own thing in his own way”, adding “people have to lead their lives as they think best”.

    But the Duke chose not to get involved with the Sandringham Summit, in which details of the Sussexes’ departure were discussed.

    Writing in the Daily Mail, Mr Brandreth said Philip replied to the rift by commenting: “I’ll soon be out of it and not before time.”

    You can read more here

  • MEGHAN TO MAKE ‘PRIVATE ARRANGEMENTS’ TO MARK PHILIP’S LIFE

    Pregnant Meghan Markle will make “private arrangements” to remember Prince Philip after being unable to attend his funeral.

    The Duchess of Sussex, 39, has remained in the US on doctor’s advice while Prince Harry made the 5,400-mile trip to the UK ahead of Saturday’s event.

    But Buckingham Palace confirmed those who are unable to attend will make “private arrangements” to mark Philip’s life.

    Meghan will also be able to watch the sombre proceedings through a special live stream.

    You can read more here

  • HARRY AND MEGHAN’S BABY ‘DUE IN JUNE’

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s little girl is due in June – and the Duchess will go on maternity leave in weeks, it has been reported.

    The couple announced their happy news earlier this year with a black and white photo highlighting Meghan’s bump.

    During their bombshell chat with Oprah last month, they revealed they’re having a girl.

  • MEGHAN ‘READY TO FORGIVE’ ROYAL FAMILY

    Meghan Markle is “ready to forgive” the Royal Family after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death and “wants to put their differences aside”, a pal has said.

    Palace officials said the Duchess of Sussex was advised not to travel for Philip’s funeral – although it’s claimed she stayed home as she “didn’t want to be the centre of attention”.

    A friend said she has reportedly encouraged her husband and his family to “put their differences aside” – while she’s also ready to move forward.

  • KATE COULD ACT AS A PEACEMAKER

    Kate Middleton could act as peacemaker for William and Harry when they meet at Prince Philip’s funeral, it has been reported.

    The Duchess of Cambridge, 39, “will be hoping to sooth tensions” as the brothers reunite for the first time in over a year, a source has said.

    Kate, who Harry described as the “big sister I never had” when she became engaged to William in 2010, will help broker the peace between her husband and brother-in-law, The Telegraph reports.

    According to one source, “being so close to her own siblings, Pippa and James, and having witnessed first-hand the special bond between William and Harry, she has found the whole situation difficult and upsetting”.

    The source added: “She is certainly someone who shies away from conflict, and will be hoping to sooth the tensions.”



RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments