Home UK News Meghan Markle latest news - Self-pitying royals must stop whining and follow...

Meghan Markle latest news – Self-pitying royals must stop whining and follow Prince Philip’s example, Piers Morgan says


SELF-PITYING members of the Royal Family should stop whinging and follow Prince Philip’s example, Piers Morgan has said.

Without naming any names, the former GMB presenter urged younger royals to “park the ego, don’t whine, work hard, shun Oprah and remember you owe your fame to the job and public support”.

Citing Prince Philip’s 10-point guide to royal duty, Piers compared the Duke to the Queen Mother, his mother-in-law, as somebody who held passionate views in private but never demanded to speak “their truth” in public.

It comes as Prince Harry returned to Frogmore Cottage while in the UK for Prince Philip’s funeral – but without his wife Meghan Markle.

The Duke of Sussex is due to attend his grandfather’s funeral on Saturday, while his pregnant wife Meghan stays in California on doctors orders.

It will be the first time Prince Harry comes face to face with other members of his family following the bombshell tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired last month.

But royal biographer Tom Bower wrote in the Sun that Harry must not appear unapologetic for recent events when he arrives back in the UK.

“Now, Harry faces a moment of reckoning,” Bower wrote.

“The negotiations for his return to Britain for the funeral are certain to be fraught.

“The tension will not be helped by the small number of mourners allowed at the funeral — just 30 because of Covid restrictions.

“Much will depend on whether Charles and William are willing to seek reconciliation.

“That will depend on Harry himself. If he arrives as a self-righteous, unapologetic warrior, he risks sealing a permanent divorce from his family.

“If, in the sight of Philip’s coffin and his grieving grandmother, he is contrite, he might begin to rebuild a relationship with Charles and William.”

Read our live blog below for the very latest updates on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry…

  • MEGHAN AND HARRY’S SECOND BABY DUE IN JUNE

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s little girl is due in June – and the Duchess will go on maternity leave in weeks, it’s reported.

    The royal couple’s second child will arrive soon – and Meghan was unable to join her husband for Prince Philip’s funeral after she was advised not to travel.

    She will reportedly go on leave in a month, to prepare for the baby’s arrival.

    The couple announced the exciting news earlier this year – with a black and white photo posted to Instagram.

  • PRINCE PHILIP’S LIFE AS A FAMILY MAN AND WAR HERE SEEN IN PHOTOGRAPHS

    The Duke of Edinburgh’s life as a family man and a military hero can be seen in a series of photographs that were colourised as a tribute to the royal.

    One shows him with the Queen and their children Prince Charles and Princess Anne after the announcement of the Her Majesty’s third pregnancy in 1959.

    A fresh-faced Philip beaming as a youngster in 1935
    A fresh-faced Philip beaming as a youngster in 1935
    Prince Philip wears a chequered shirt with a neckerchief at the Ottawa Barn Dance in 1951
    Prince Philip wears a chequered shirt with a neckerchief at the Ottawa Barn Dance in 1951
    The Duke of Edinburgh wearing his uniform of Marshall for the Royal Air Force in 1953
    The Duke of Edinburgh wearing his uniform of Marshall for the Royal Air Force in 1953
  • CONTINUED – PIERSED OFF

    Her remarks left former Good Morning Britain star Piers, who was defended by Sharon against remarks he was racist, seething.

    He shared an article written on US celebrity news site PEOPLE that said in the headline: “Sheryl Underwood experienced PTSD after Sharon Osbourne fight on ‘The Talk”

    Piers clapped back to his seven million followers: “Oh what a crock of s**t”

    His tweet sparked a flurry of comments with one follower writing: “Wonder if she would tell this to a solider who has suffered from PTSD?”

    Another wrote beneath his post: “Victimhood is currency”.

  • PIERSED OFF

    Piers Morgan has slammed The Talk host Sheryl Underwood after she said she has PTSD following her row with Sharon Osbourne.

    Piers, 56, said Sheryl’s claims were “a crock of s**t” as he blasted the CBS star in another scathing post on Twitter.

    He lashed out on social media as The Talk returned for the first time since Sheryl’s on-air row with Sharon, 68.

    In another dramatic turn of events, last night Sheryl broke down in tears and said she had “PSTD” from her battle with Sharon in the first show following a long hiatus.

  • WINDSOR MAYOR URGES PUBLIC TO STAY AWAY FOR PRINCE PHILIP’S FUNERAL

    Windsor mayor has urged the public to not come into Windsor this weekend for the funeral of Prince Philip.

    John Story, mayor of Windsor and Maidenhead, described the event as a “big national moment” but urged Brits to stay away for their health and safety.

    He said: “It is a very difficult time for people and people have very strong feelings, but we have to ask everyone to put theirs and the health and safety of others at the top of their list of priorities and not come into Windsor.

    “The whole of the funeral, including the ceremonial procession, is taking place inside the castle walls. Normally you would expect this to take place along the Long Walk and through Windsor but this year it cannot happen.

    “I hope, at the end of the day, that people will regard it as having been a very respectful day and a very safe one.

    “It will be a very sad day for us all. I think it will be quite an emotional day and it will be a big national moment, because he has been such a large part of our lives for a very long time indeed.”

  • MEGHAN BEING SUPPORTED BY MOTHER DORIA RAGLAND WHILE HARRY IN THE UK

    Meghan, who was advised by doctors not to travel to the UK, is being supported by her mother Doria Ragland.

    According to Hello! Doria will be helping with childcare duties and comfort Meghan while Harry is in the UK attending his grandfather’s funeral.

  • STAYING OUT OF IT

    Prince Philip refused to get involved in Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s crunch talks and told the Queen: “I’ll be soon out of it.”

    The Duke of Edinburgh sympathised with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, but thought they were wrong to quit royal duties and move to the US, his friend and biographer Gyles Brandreth has claimed.

    Philip admired Harry for his service career and thought of him as a “good man”, the biographer said.

    It seems Philip was also sympathetic to Harry’s desire to “do this own thing in his own way”, adding “people have to lead their lives as they think best”.

    But the Duke chose not to get involved with the Sandringham Summit, in which details of the Sussexes’ departure were discussed.

    Writing in the Daily Mail, Mr Brandreth said Philip replied to the rift by commenting: “I’ll soon be out of it and not before time.”

  • MEGA SOON

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s little girl is due in June – and the Duchess will go on maternity leave in weeks, it’s reported.

    The royal couple’s second child will arrive soon – and Meghan was unable to join her husband for Prince Philip’s funeral after she was advised not to travel.

    It’s reported that she’ll go on leave in a month to prepare for the baby’s arrival.

  • MEGHAN ‘READY TO FORGIVE’ ROYAL FAMILY AFTER PRINCE PHILIP’S DEATH AS SHE ‘WANTS TO PUT DIFFERENCES ASIDE’

    Meghan Markle is “ready to forgive” the Royal Family after the Duke of Edinburgh’s death as she “want to put their differences aside”, a pal said.

    Palace officials said the Duchess was advised not to travel for the funeral – although it’s claimed that she stayed home as she “didn’t want to be the centre of attention”.

    And a friend said she has reportedly encouraged her husband and his family to “put their differences aside” – while she’s also ready to move forward.

    They told the MailOnline: “Meghan said her main concern right now is supporting Harry. She said she left it up to him as to whether or not she would attend the funeral. Meghan said it’s during these times when family should come together, put their differences aside and unite as one. She said this is what Prince Philip would want and that she’s willing to forgive and move forward.”

  • NOW OR NEVER

    Prince Philip’s death will mark the “first step forward” for Harry and William in their strained relationship, Harry’s biographer has claimed.

    Royal commentator Omid Scobie said the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral could help the brothers unite, as “simply being in the same room” will help them talk.

    Speaking on Good Morning Britain, Scobie said the Royal Family is “putting differences aside” as it rallies around the Queen in the wake of Philip’s death.

    “If there’s anything beautiful about this week, it is seeing a family unified in a way we haven’t seen in so many years,” he said.

  • HARRY AND WILLIAM ‘UNLIKELY’ TO MEET-UP BEFORE PHILIP’S FUNERAL

    Harry and William are unlikely to meet up ahead of their grandfather’s funeral – meaning they’ll come face-to-face for the first time in a year shortly before the service.

    The Duke of Sussex is in strict quarantine at his Windsor home, Frogmore Cottage, after dashing back from LA in the hours after Prince Philip’s death.

    He must remain at the property for five full days of isolation, and provide a negative Covid test.

  • WATCH – OMID SCOBIE SPEAKS ON GOOD MORNING BRITAIN

    Royal author Omid Scobie says Prince William’s tribute to Philip was NOT dig at Harry and funeral is ‘first step forward’ for brothers to rebuild strained relationship
  • ‘UNIFIED’

    Prince William’s touching tribute to Philip was not a “dig” at his brother and the pair are “unified”, Harry’s pal Omid Scobie says.

    The writer, who co-authored explosive biography Finding Freedom about Megxit, told Good Morning Britain: “I think for us on the outside it might look like that but I think we have to remember that that is William’s role, he is the future head of state and so he is really thinking about getting back to work.

    “I don’t think it was anything aimed at his brother. In fact I think across the board in the royal family right now everyone is really looking at putting differences aside to focus on what matters and that’s focusing on Prince Philip’s life and legacy but also rallying around the Queen during her time of need.

    “I think if there’s anything that’s sort of beautiful about this week and in the days leading up to the funeral it’s about seeing a family unified in a way that we haven’t seen in so many years.”

  • ‘MEGHAN WANTED TO BE AT PRINCE PHILIP’S FUNERAL’ SAYS ROYAL BIOGRAPHER

    Meghan wanted to attend Prince Philip’s funeral but can’t due to lack of medical clearance, a royal biographer has said.

    Speaking on Good Morning Britain, Omid Scobie defended the Duchess over the decision and insisted that “Meghan wanted to be here.”

    He said: “Despite wanting to be here not only to be with her family. But to also be with Harry to support him during a very difficult time.

    “Unfortunately due to a lack of medical clearance, remember she is heavily pregnant, Meghan was unable to come here.”

    Scobie added: “But we saw those wishes reflected from not only Harry but Meghan and the rest of the family in that statement from yesterday. He was very clear on pointing out that is was on behalf of all of them. And I think that is really going to be the mood moving forward with Harry at the funeral on Saturday.”

  • WHERE IS PRINCE HARRY STAYING IN THE UK?

    The Duke of Sussex is currently staying at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.

    Prince Harry, 36, was seen getting off a British Airways flight from Los Angeles that arrived at Heathrow at 1.15pm yesterday.

    He was put into a black Range Rover and whisked away.

    Sources had earlier confirmed he was due back imminently to quarantine in time for the Duke of Edinburgh’s farewell at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, on Saturday.

  • MEGHAN NOT ATTENDING FUNERAL AS ‘SHE DOESN’T WANT TO BE CENTRE OF ATTENTION’

    Meghan is not attending Prince Philip’s funeral because she does not want to be the centre of attention, a source has claimed.

    Speaking to the Mail Online, a friend of the Duchess said: “Meghan said her main concern right now is supporting Harry. She said she left it up to him as to whether or not she would attend the funeral.

    “Meghan said it’s during these times when family should come together, put their differences aside and unite as one.

    “She said this is what Prince Philip would want and that she’s willing to forgive and move forward.”

  • MEGHAN MARKLE ‘TO GO ON MATERNITY LEAVE IN FOUR WEEKS’

    Meghan Markle is expected to go on maternity leave in four weeks, it has been reported.

    According to the Sunday Telegraph, Meghan is due to begin her maternity leave in four weeks.

    Although the couple did not reveal the exact date of birth, it is now believed that Meghan is due in June.

  • MARK OF RESPECT

    Meghan Markle stayed in the United States instead of attending Prince Philip’s funeral as she reportedly “didn’t want to be the centre of attention”.

    The pregnant duchess‘s pals said she didn’t want to take any of the limelight during the Duke of Edinburgh‘s funeral on Saturday, the MailOnline reported.

    A friend reportedly said: “Meghan said her main concern right now is supporting Harry. She said she left it up to him as to whether or not she would attend the funeral.

    “Meghan said it’s during these times when family should come together, put their differences aside and unite as one. She said this is what Prince Philip would want and that she’s willing to forgive and move forward.”

    Read the full story here

  • ROYAL FAMILY NEWS: THE LATEST

  • HARRY PAYS TRIBUTE TO PRINCE PHILIP – ‘HER MAJESTY’S ROCK’

    Harry said: “He has been a rock for Her Majesty The Queen with unparalleled devotion, by her side for 73 years of marriage, and while I could go on, I know that right now he would say to all of us, beer in hand, ‘Oh do get on with it'”.

    In a day of eulogies for the duke, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Philip “touched the lives of millions” as politicians from across the political spectrum rose to their feet in the Parliaments of London, Edinburgh and Cardiff to pay their respects.

    Over the weekend, Philip’s four children spoke movingly about the loss of their father and how the Queen was being very “stoic” after losing her husband of 73 years who died peacefully on Friday.

    William said about Philip: “My grandfather’s century of life was defined by service – to his country and Commonwealth, to his wife and Queen, and to our family.

    “I feel lucky to have not just had his example to guide me, but his enduring presence well into my own adult life – both through good times and the hardest days.”

  • TORY MP SAID PRINCE PHILIP ‘HAD SERIOUS GUTS’ TO PERFORM HIS NAVAL SERVICE

    Conservative MP Bob Stewart (Beckenham) praised the naval service of the Duke of Edinburgh, adding that he had “serious guts”.

    He told the Commons: “In 1941, at the Battle of Matapan, on board HMS Valiant, he was the guy that was holding the search light that illuminated an Italian cruiser and he kept it on the cruiser despite the fact that cannon shells were landing all around him and destroying, he stayed here.

    “He not just illuminated that cruiser, he identified another one. The captain afterwards said, ‘thanks to Prince Philip, two eight-inch Italian cruisers were sunk within five minutes’.

    “My God, what cold courage to stay there when he clearly understood that he was being targeted by the enemy and it was pinpoint targeting because you just have to fire at the source of the light.

    “That man, our prince, had serious guts, and I use the word he might have used. I admire him utterly.”

  • TORY MP SAID PRINCE PHILIP ‘HAD SERIOUS GUTS’ TO PERFORM HIS NAVAL SERVICE

    Conservative MP Bob Stewart (Beckenham) praised the naval service of the Duke of Edinburgh, adding that he had “serious guts”.

    He told the Commons: “In 1941, at the Battle of Matapan, on board HMS Valiant, he was the guy that was holding the search light that illuminated an Italian cruiser and he kept it on the cruiser despite the fact that cannon shells were landing all around him and destroying, he stayed here.

    “He not just illuminated that cruiser, he identified another one. The captain afterwards said, ‘thanks to Prince Philip, two eight-inch Italian cruisers were sunk within five minutes’.

    “My God, what cold courage to stay there when he clearly understood that he was being targeted by the enemy and it was pinpoint targeting because you just have to fire at the source of the light.

    “That man, our prince, had serious guts, and I use the word he might have used. I admire him utterly.”

  • PHILIP DISAGREED WITH ‘PREOCCUPIED’ HARRY AND MEG

    PRINCE Philip disagreed with Harry and Meghan Markle being “preoccupied” with their own problems, a royal biographer says.

    The Duke of Edinburgh reportedly believed his grandson should follow the rule he stuck to and not talk about himself.

    But this was broken when Harry and Meghan took part in a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey. Gyles Brandeth told the Daily Mail the fact the interview was aired while Philip was is in hospital “did not trouble him”.

    But he added: “What did worry him was the couple’s preoccupation with their own problems and their willingness to talk about them in public. ‘Give TV interviews by all means,’ he said, ‘but don’t talk about yourself’.

    “That was one of his rules. I know he shared it with his children. I imagine he shared it with his grandchildren, too.”

  • BBC ‘RECEIVES MORE THAN 100,000 COMPLAINTS ABOUT PRINCE PHILIP COVERAGE’

    The BBC has reportedly received more than 100,000 complaints about its coverage of the death of the Duke Of Edinburgh, a record in British TV history.

    The broadcaster set up a dedicated webpage for viewers to lodge their dissatisfaction at its coverage after it cleared its schedules to cover Philip’s death on Friday.

    It has now received more than 100,000 complaints, according to The Sun newspaper.

    That would be a record for complaints in British television history, beating the previous high 0f 63,000 sparked by the BBC’s screening of Jerry Springer: The Musical in 2005.

    The BBC declined to comment on the figures and said it would release its fortnightly complaints bulletin on Thursday as planned.

  • HARRY ARRIVES BACK IN UK FOR PRINCE PHILIP’S FUNERAL WITHOUT MEGHAN MARKLE – BUT WHERE WILL HE STAY?

    PRINCE Harry has returned to the UK for Prince Philip’s funeral without Meghan Markle.

    The Duke of Sussex is thought to have driven to Kensington Palace where he could stay at Nottingham Cottage – the home he and Meghan shared before they were married.

    Harry will stay alone, after doctors warned Meghan not to fly due to her pregnancy.

    The duke, 36, flew over from the US in his first return since he and Meghan stepped back from royal duties.

    An eye witness told The Sun he got off a British Airways flight from Los Angeles which arrived at Heathrow at 1.15pm today.



RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments