John Warrillow is a bestselling author and founder of the Value Builders System. His team helps businesses around the world build company value using his software systems and his team of independent consultants. His bestsellers include Built for sale: Create a business that can thrive without you, Automated Clients: Create a registered business in any industry, and the newest of him is The Art of Selling Your Business: Winning Strategies & Secrets To Get Top. John also hosts Built to Sell Radio, a podcast where he interviews hundreds of founders about their escape routes and ranks as one of the ten best podcasts for business owners.
Today, John shares inspiration for his trilogy of books about building, accelerating, and harvesting the value of a business. He reveals one thing that makes a company more valuable and how you can happily get out of selling your business. He highlights things you need to know before you start selling your company and tips to watch out for from potential buyers. He shares information about who you’ll need to help you and the biggest mistakes to avoid when selling your business. He also shared how you can position your company to increase the selling price and the most important thing you can do when selling a business.
“The way you position your company and talk about it in the marketplace has a huge impact on its value.” – John Warrillow
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- What inspired John to start writing business books
- One thing that makes a company more valuable
- The lesson John learned about “overcoming your weight” when it comes to selling your company and what inspired him to write The art of selling your business
- The secret to a happy outlet when you’re ready to sell your business
- Things you need to know before thinking of selling your company
- Sales business trends that John saw during the pandemic
- Your team needs around you when you’re ready to sell your company
- Dealing with potential business buyers
- Biggest mistakes to avoid when selling your business
- How to position your business for acquisition
- The most important thing to do when selling your company
Connect to John Warrillow:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Register on your favorite platform to never miss an episode!
The doctors added: