We share some ideas for you to earn more money to help you relieve some of the financial stress your business puts on you.
Opinions expressed by Businessmen the contributors are their own.
Being an entrepreneur means being financially unstable at times. As you build your business, it’s important to stay focused. But what if you could do something to help you get more money to ease your financial stress?
The good news is that there are many companies that offer opportunities to entrepreneurs that don’t require full-time work, and that can complement what they’re already doing. Here are nine examples of opportunities that could be perfect for your business to continue to grow:
1. Invest in real estate. There are many ways to make money in real estate, many of which don’t require you to put in the extra effort. Find people in your area who have skills and experience that complement yours and make them part of the business to secure your investment.
2. Taxi driver. Most of us are familiar with Uber and Elevator , companies that have made limousines and ordinary people’s cars a means of transportation for everyone in need. Have you considered becoming one of them? I will never forget one of my UberX rides where the driver told me he used his free time to earn money and net with passengers to grow his business, he is a genius!
One of the great things about the Uber platform is that it offers economic opportunities to many drivers, full-time, part-time teachers, summer teachers, full-time students, among others, in more than 260 cities around the world. If you’re in one of those 260 cities, you can turn your car into a money-making experience and a networking opportunity.
3. Offer your outsourced services. Do you have skills in graphic design, web design, video editing, software development, or customer service? You can then use them to work in hundreds of places and get paid by the project or by the hour.
4. Work in your spare time. The part-time job search is behind us. There are companies like Wonolo in the United States, where people can work several hours in larger companies. People can help these businesses by doing things that others can’t or by helping out at a conference. This is an opportunity to gain more work experience and take advantage of flexible hours.
5. Rent out your apartment. Are you on a business trip or are you planning to leave your house empty? Do you have an empty room in your house? Time to take advantage of them and monetize your assets when you’re not using them.
6. Rent your car. If you have been thinking about renting your home, you may like the option of the following models such as RelayRides or FlightCar , which allows you to rent people’s private vehicles. It’s another way to earn money and connect with people who rent it to you.
7. Don’t just buy on eBay, sell there. You can only sell your items or you can do business. “I have one eBay franchise, where I teach people how to resell on this site,” said Garret Brustein. I train each one to teach them how to inventory, list, and ship items the same way I do so they can simulate the process and take all the guesswork out of the business. “You can do this in your spare time or as a part-time job, you can sell things you don’t need and resell to earn extra money.
8. Get money online. This I know from my own experience. After starting my first company, I started organizing networking events in my city to help young professionals interact in an environment where they weren’t afraid to go public with their ideas. I quickly realized that events not only help others network, but can also generate profits.
If you’re looking to make some money outside of your business and find channels where you can combine your current job with side work, it’s time to consider these options.