Although I never need an excuse to make a delicious treat for my kids, did you know May 2 is Truffles National Day? When Traditional human truffles Usually coated with chocolate and completely unsafe for dogs, that doesn’t mean the truffle isn’t readily available. This dog safe truffles recipe is easy to make, packed with healthy ingredients and will make your dog feel like his king eating them on the softest dog beds. .
✔ ½ cup pureed pumpkin (no sugar); You can also use sweet potatoes
✔ ¼ cup pureed banana
✔ 2 teaspoons coconut oil (melted)
✔ Sprinkle cinnamon or any other dog-friendly seasoning
✔ ¾ to 1 cup of coconut powder
✔ Unsweetened dried coconut without sugar
- To start making dog truffles, combine pumpkin, banana and coconut oil in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Add cinnamon and coconut powder to your mixture. Start with ½ cup of coconut powder and mix until it blends and is not too sticky. Add as much flour as needed to roll the mixture.
- Take the desiccated coconuts and place them in a blender or food processor until they are really smooth.
- Scoop a small spoonful of the powder and mix it into balls the right size for your dog.
- Roll in dry coconut and put on parchment.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until it hardens. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Sam is a dog lover, writer, baker, baker and Instagrammer. When she’s not writing, she’s decorating her blog with cookies SugaredAndIced.com or Instagramming her dogs @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.